Tuesday

Oh, what do we have here...

This ain't a comeback, this is more like, why am I still here?

Nah, I always wanted to come back here. I'll be honest, sometimes I revisit all these blogs from years ago just to have a blast from the past. It's like a peep hole to who you were in the past, and more often than not, I surprise myself (with how cringeworthy it is). 

You see how you've changed over time.  

I think the personal blog craze started somewhere in secondary school, 2004-2005-ish. Everybody had their own blog as a personal space to share whatever they wanted to (most of the time about how their day went). We had cute little tagboards by the side where our friends could leave short comments, and below that, we had links to blogs of everybody else we knew.  

I was all for that kind of stuff, posting almost everyday, eager to let everybody know everything about what was happening to me. 

Then as we went along, newer and far more addictive social media platforms came about. We could do so much more, even if sometimes we had to keep it below 140 characters. 

Blogs are mostly commercial nowadays, but I always saw it as a diary (the way we used it), and for some reason Facebook and co just don't cut it. Too many things go on over there. I need a quieter space (chey). 

(also, micro blogging is so damaging to grammar and vocabulary. I feel like I can't even string a proper sentence together these days.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, since I still keep this blogger account around for nostalgia's sake, why not just use it once in a while when I have something to say right? I wanted to continue on the old one, but I figured I'd start anew. As I type this, I do realise I'm mostly gonna be posting only for myself to read in the future. No worries, as an only child, I'm used to talking to myself. 

So yea, future me, enjoy.

Aziz


PS: wanted to use a simpler template, but this one so chio....

1 comment: